Mathseeds End‑of‑lesson Skills Quizzes
How does Mathseeds show mastery of new skills?
Mathseeds lessons teach new skills with scaffolded learning and multiple practice activities. Every lesson ends with an End‑of‑lesson Skills Quiz, where pupils can demonstrate mastery of the lesson content.
Begin at the Right Level
The Mathseeds Placement Test ensures pupils are working at the right level.
- Once at the correct instructional level, pupils learn new skills in every lesson.
- The Mathseeds learning continuum includes 200 lessons, Reception through Year 3.
- Every lesson provides multiple practice activities with engaging interactive manipulatives.
Embedded Assessments for Each Lesson
A short end‑of‑lesson skills quiz ends each lesson.
- These 10‑question quizzes assess pupil learning using an engaging format.
- Targets the specific skills learned in the lesson.
- Pupils can attempt each quiz three times to achieve the required 80% pass mark.
- Provides feedback to pupils and teachers on mastery of new skills.
Review Skills with Pupils Who Need Extra Help
Targeted resources for pupils who need additional practice to achieve mastery.
- Lessons and quizzes can be attempted multiple times to achieve mastery.
- Printable Mathseeds Learning Tiles for each lesson are a powerful way to review content.
- A printable version of each quiz is also available in the Preview Lessons area.